Saturday 1 February 2020

Having taken the dog to the vet today, an old English Bulldog who needs more than a little TLC, and seen Rob to discuss the painting process I didn't actually get much done.  What I did do was make a couple of shims for the door hinges and fit them.  I forgot to photo them though, donut, but it doesn't matter anyway as I made them from 1mm aluminium and they moved the door precisely 0mm, I need to make some more.

I am getting the car in paint though, two weeks on Tuesday which is fabulous news.  I have a lot of little things to do before then and I guess I need to start getting some stuff done instead of thinking about it.

  • Seal hole in shroud at rear
  • Cockpit trim
  • Check windscreen and pillar fit
  • Fix hanging loom to the rear of car    
  • Fit screws to rear of bonnet apature on front shroud
  • Fit M6 bolts on front O/S wing bottom edge
  • Organise car transporter
  • Get £800 together 
  • Door gaps & shims
  • Flat whole car
  • Check bonnet / boot fit
Rob suggested that I flat the existing primer down and we re-prime it when it is in the paint shop which pleased me greatly as I am conscious that there are a few defects in the current primer.  He also thought that he knew somebody who could transport the car, great again.  

My wife reminded me that I had £500 that she had saved for me with her running exploits last year that I had clean forgotten about.  This is miraculous in several ways.  Firstly, it means that I have enough money to get the car painted and that is very good, very, very good indeed.  Secondly, I'm a hard working teacher that therefore has money challenges as a way of life so how the hell could I forget £500 in just a month, doh.

I should be able to do all the little bits and pieces required before the anticipated date.  I am super excited about this.  Once the car is painted it is nearly there.  In the UK currently I don't need a government test for the car or vehicle tax so all I need to do to drive it on the road is insure it.  Now the car runs, maybe not that well but it runs.  I will need to buy the seat foam and build the seats and buy the windscreen glass and fit that  but then I am away.  I guess that is a tad simplistic but it does feel like I could be out in the car this Spring and that is super, super exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment