Friday 21 February 2020

Today is Friday and several days after the car was painted and I have done, well, nothing on it.  I took a day to celebrate our anniversary with my wife which was lovely and I delivered the windscreen surround to a metal finishers in south London for re-chroming but that is it.

Today, I decided to get rid of the old chassis so that I have a little more room for the daily driver after all these years.  I did try and get somebody to collect all the metal but I couldn't find anyone so I cut it up and took it to the local recycling centre.










































The very last thing I did with the original chassis is measure where the seat mounting holes were.  It almost felt a little sad as the old chassis has been leaning up against the neighbours garage for over ten years now.








































I was somewhat intrigued by the straps that were once the exhaust mounts, that would have worked well for me.








































I then got the angle grinder out and the cut-off discs and got amongst it.











The poor thing did look rotten in places.









































Here is the whole chassis stacked on the trolley that that the new car spent so long on before I loaded it into the Mother-in-Law's car (thanks) for the journey to the dump.








































Here in the chassis in the bottom of a container lorry at the dump, amongst a load of scrap metal, the shame of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment