Sunday 16 February 2020

Today I planned to get the car flatted so that it can be re-primed tomorrow at the paint shop.  I started nice and early, well, before 09:00 in the morning anyway and rather hoped I'd be done by 14:00 to enable me to watch the football.








































I realised pretty quickly that it was going to be a long day.  I started off using 400 grit wet and dry paper but by this stage realised that I was getting nowhere fast.  At lunchtime I went to Screwfix and bought some 320 grit paper to speed it up.



























By 17:00 I was knackered and called it a day.  However, I still have the front wing and the door to do on the far side of the car and as I am being collected at 10:00 tomorrow morning I will need a very early start in the morning, gulp.








































The only other thing I am thinking about is wondering if the car transporter coming tomorrow will be able to fit down the path to where my garage is.  If it can't then I will need get the car to the main road and in preparation I charged the battery.  However, as the car hasn't been started for months I am not at all sure that it could start and be driven.  Will have to wait and see.  In the meantime I can only wait excitedly for Tuesday when, hopefully, it will go Healey Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment