Sunday 17 January 2016

Sunny Sunday and the garage door was opened again, yippee.  One of the struts that I extended yesterday was quite rotten on the opposite end to one I worked on the day before so I cut it off and set about making a replacement.







































I think it has taken a long time for me to renovate these components but I have really enjoyed it, would I have paid Ahead 4 Healeys for the part if they had actually sold it?  I suspect I would have done,.......




I then tack welded the rear shroud support strut in place and removed the shroud.  I can't remember the last time I have had the shroud off the car and it certainly looked different with all the recent additions.








































When I removed the shroud the front support panel popped forward an inch or so which troubled me some.  The panel below is the dividing panel between the spare wheel area and the battery switch compartment and as you can see it doest fit well.  This makes me think that front shroud support is positioned well, flippineck it never ends.








































I removed the door catch when I took the shroud off and decided to get involved with the door shut, yet again, by grinding down the top section of the welded up join and adjusting the B post back at the top.








































I know this isn't the actual door shut below but at least the supporting body work is pretty good.  I think I might be going a little soft in the head.








































The newly restored struts in place, I am ready to refit the shroud.














































Earlier, before I removed the shroud I noticed and marked up the holes that didn't quite line up on the off side inner wing and shroud.  When removed I then enlarged those apertures to make sure they aligned well.  The near side was fine so I left it well alone.  So I was naturally frustrated to see that when the shroud was reinstalled it lined up perfectly to the original holes on the off side but was out on the near side.  Flippineck.  I haven't put the wings back on yet but I suspect that the door gaps are going to be all over the place, again.  I suspect I am going to need lots of patience with this car.


No comments:

Post a Comment