Sunday 3 January 2016

Having tried the panels that fit on top of the battery and realising that things are not well aligned I returned to the original chassis which is growing old gracefully outside the rear of our house.  It was very nice to measure something and know whether or not I was in the correct position; it feels as if I have been making educated guesses for years now and all of a sudden I have actual tangible reference points.











































I noticed a few extra brackets on the original chassis that I don't have on the new one such as the brake pipe one shown in the picture above and the one next to the battery mount in the photo below. I don't even know what that does!



So armed with tangible data I knew that the very first thing I put on the new chassis was 1cm too far back so off it came.










































I was a little concerned that the handbrake was 1cm too far back as well so fitted it to check that it worked properly.  It did, but it looked awfully tired, especially around the teeth area.




With the chassis cleaned up and ready for replacement of the tunnel:




I became a little concerned about the alignment so got the laser guide machine out and set it up the show the centre line on the car.











































Once happy I had the tunnel central I welded it back in place.  I then mounted and welded the panel that the spare wheel sit on.








































Next was the rear shroud support panel that fitted in place and made the car feel more like a car.  I have some fettling to do on this and it was rapidly approaching lunch time so I called it a day in order to take down the Christmas tree and get ready for the pub as Spurs were playing Everton at
4:00.



No comments:

Post a Comment