Saturday 16 January 2016

Saturday again and in the garage for some more car time.  I nearly got a ticket for the Spurs game against Sunderland but lost out in the death so I nearly never made it in here at all.

I decided that I needed to weld the panel at the front of the shroud in first before I could weld the rear one in; no reason for that, just felt right.  Played around with it for a while and ended up screwing it in to the shroud to get the panel located nicely, then I welded it in. 





I then set about making the struts that go between the two vertically mounted panels longer.  They had been cut down by whoever made the car in to  2 + 2.  Here you can see the original strut next to the extended one.  I did this by welding to L shaped sections together that I cobbled together from an unused inner sill.  It was very enjoyable work but I spent the whole day in the garage and feel like I didn't exactly get loads done.  Oh well, there is always tomorrow.  And Spurs won 4-1 so I have Match of The Day to look forward to tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment