Friday 1 January 2016

My wife and I were looking back through some photos on the computer over the Christmas holiday when we came to a picture of John Henderson's 100 that I took when I went to see him and his car.  I had a lovely time and got a lot of useful information from that meeting.  We came across the picture because I had looked at it earlier in the day for reference purposes.  Anyway, we saw John last summer at a Healey open day at Orchard Restorations and his car looked fabulous.  He asked how my car was getting along and I said it was in about the same position that his was when I saw it.  On the drive home I felt good about things as that original meeting hadn't been too long ago and therefore I felt that I was making steps with my car.  However, my wife commented on the date of the photo which was 2009 and all of a sudden I felt a little glum.  You see that John's car at that point was way ahead of where my car is now.  I have a lot to do and the years are floating by.  Also, the parts are getting more expensive by the month.  In fact the finished cars are getting more expensive too, I got a eBay notification of a 100 put up for sale at £79,500.  How much is that for an old car?

So I decided that I really should get a wriggle on with the car.  My wife asked how I was going to do that and I said a few things including that I wouldn't procrastinate any more........

Today I went into the garage to continue with the boot area.  I'm not sure how it happened but I got distracted and started cleaning up the garage.  My wife came in, snapped a few photos and asked me about procrastination with a smile,........  I spent the afternoon in the garage and did nothing but clean out under the bench.





No comments:

Post a Comment