Saturday 2 January 2016

I think I should have posted a picture of the finished clean up yesterday:







































It feels much roomier now.  Temporary procrastination over and I looked at one peculiarity on the rear inner wheel arches.  The bump stop boxes fit on the near side but not on the off side because the captive nuts were welded in the incorrect position; something that always baffled me.



You can see that the captive nuts are about 1 cm too high.  The other side is perfect though, weird huh!

So I took the captive nuts off and welded up the hole then replaced them in the correct position.







































I then turned my attention back to the boot and welded in the rail that runs around the very back of the boot area.  Then I completed the brackets that support this rail.




The next job was the panel that the spare wheel sits on which I temporarily positioned as shown.  








































I then tried to fit the panels that sit above the batteries only to discover that they don't exactly fit.  I then looked at the rear tunnel cover and rear heel board only to decide that the tunnel cover is too far back in the car.  Odd really as this was the very first panel I fitted and I am sure I would have measured it to death.  It is only tacked in place though so I think it will be removed and repositioned next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment