Sunday 5 May 2019

Another bank holiday and another 3 days on the car, wonderful.  I retrieved the wings from my mother-in-law's loft during the week so planned to get them painted on the inside.  The garage is now really cramped with all the panels back so I left the wings in the garden whilst I was rubbing them down.  Naturally the lovely sunny day produced a short, sharp shower as soon I went back into the garage and they were soaked.  I used the air compressor to dry them off but was rather alarmed by all the nooks and crannies that the water had got into and it started me thinking.  I realised that I should really seal all the joints with Puraflex 40 as I had done the inner body several years back and headed off to buy some.  This kind of wrecked Saturday as it meant that I couldn't do the stone chip that day because the sealer need drying time.  I did get to paint the stone chip on today though so I am hopeful that I can get the wings in colour tomorrow.









































Having done that this morning I then got the doors down from the garage wall where they have been hanging for a few years and cleaned then before rubbing them down and sealing.  Over night I decided that I would remove the hinges for painting so marked them up to ensure the same hinges went back in the same position.









































I laid the shrouds back on the car to save space essentially and apart from looking like a car again I became conscious that it is going to be very difficult to mask the car to prime them in situ.  This means that I am going to have to take the lot off for priming, oh well.









No comments:

Post a Comment