Tuesday 28 May 2019

I started by looking at the door catches as I thought I had a solution for the poor catching which consisted of stripping it down and then adding a shim, ie a washer.  Initially the door closes but can be pulled out by about a cm.






I striped it down and added the first non-rusty washer that fitted that I could find.





The door the other side also improved markedly but isn't quite what it should be so I'll need to play about with the washer thickness at some stage much later down the road.  It is a good step forward.

I then found my fixing kits for the rear wings and discovered that I have 8 counter sunk screws for each side, great stuff.








































On to the filler work, I decided I'd start on the passengers side rear wing and work round the car in a systematic way to enable me to get each panel done and then primed before any exposed bare metal could get rusty.  It seemed strange to be removing paint from a panel that had been eCoated.








































I picked a section of the car that curves in two different directions as the first part of the car to use for filler for the first time I've used the stuff in 25 years.  Thought I'd rub it down tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment