Sunday 19 May 2019

I took the panhard rod off, lowered the car on to the ground and decided that I needed to run it up and down the back yard to settle the suspension.  It started after a little while and ran wonderfully.  I really enjoyed driving the car again, I can't wait to get it on the road.








































It was also good to see it out with the body on again, I love the look of this car.

I put the wheel with the Michelin XAS tyre on the front near side (left) to see how it fitted and was pleased with the look.









































Anyway, the panhard rod made no difference so I jacked it up again and took all the wheels off and measured between the hubs and the distance was within a millimetre so I guess the axel is square and my bodywork not.   So I decided to reshape the lower edges of the wing and whilst I was at it take the driver side door gap out a little.















































I made three cuts on one wing and one on the other then got the welder out.





That kind of killed the day and having finished the worst of the wings I headed to the fridge for a beer.  Before I did though I tried the XAS clad wheel in the spare wheel space and was somewhat pleased to see it slide in without any issues.









































Next weekend is the start of school half term holidays so I have a week to make some serious progress which is really exciting.  I need to order some rubbing down blocks and paper so that I can get on with the filler work.  Now rubbing down filler is notoriously dull but I am so looking forward to seeing the whole car in primer.  Not sure I'll get that far next week but I'll give it a good go.  I also have to fit the bonnet and boot and I have a nagging feeling that the radiator is still too high which will be a pain if that is the case.  Overall it feels like a good deal of progress made in recent times so I'll worry not about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment