Saturday 18 May 2019

Today I took the springs off, measured them to find that they are symmetrical and refitted them.  It made no difference so I am back to the drawing board.









































I also took a spare wheel to a tyre shop along with one of my Michelin XAS tyres and got it fitted.  I am conscious that the current tyres are 165 profile and the ZAS is 170 and therefore a larger diameter tyre.  It looks good but I dare not fit it to see if it works as the current ones don't.

I started thinking about what it could be down to and then started to look back through this blog to see if I had any photos of what it was like before I stripped it all down.  In February 2016 (how long ago!) I fitted the wheels to check the gaps and was pleased that it was central on both sides.  So I am currently working on what it could be.  For sure I am convinced that wings are not in the same place they were previously as the door gap is out on both sides indicating that the wings need to be a little further back at the top.  I am wondering if the rear shroud is in the correct position?  This may help but I not convinced it is the cause.  It also occurred to me that I hadn't fitted the panhard rod back in 2016 and if this was too long that it could be pushing the axel out of line.  I'll remove it tomorrow to see if there is any difference.  If it is not that then I am in for removing the wings and shroud and if that fails then it will be some heavy duty wing reshaping.

It will be a pain to remove all the bodywork but I'll take comfort that the springs came off and went back on mush easier than I remember it doing so before.



No comments:

Post a Comment