Sunday 21 April 2019

Easter Sunday spent in the garage easting chocolate and painting the inside of the shrouds.  It went well.  The hardest part of the job was masking the outsides of the shrouds which took a couple of hours.  I noticed that the papers I used for masking were dated 31st May 2017 which is when I painted the inner bodywork, another great day.

I was worried about the paint and the primer was pretty solid but ok.  The main issue was the primer spray gun which I hadn't cleaned out properly and only just worked.  I painted the primer and then went straight over it with the base coat.  I didn't have enough of the blue base coat which is a frustration and some areas are a little thin on colour but they won't be seen so I am ok with it.  I will need some more base coat for the inner side of the wings, doors and the odds and sods such as the tunnel cover.  Once I have fitted the shrouds I will need to paint those so I'll order some next week.









 Once done I spent a while cleaning the guns out and then set the shrouds in the sun to harden.









































Next on the list of things to do it get the wings back from the loft and then paint them and the doors before fitting.  My next challenge is the door gaps, ha ha, I can't begin to think of that.  Then it is filler and priming.  I am pencilling in the last week of August for painting as I am away for the whole of the summer.  That leaves me with a few weekends and the half term holiday to get the filler work done, I should be able to do that.  I will need to sort the seats out, adjust the brakes, fit the lights and sort the timing / engine running before I can drive it to Barnet for the topcoat.  Should be possible.  That would be fantastic as I could then get it finished for the spring next year.  So close that I can taste it.


No comments:

Post a Comment