Saturday 20 April 2019

Spent the day rubbing down the shrouds before giving the insides a coat of stone chip paint.  I hadn't planned to stone chip these but after sanding them down they had a lot of marks from the work done to them and general wear and tear.  It is a glorious day in London so I am able to leave the car outside the garage whilst I work on them which is very fortunate.









































I made the most of the sun to bake the paint.








































Tomorrow I am going prime and then paint the panels before fitting them to the car on Monday.  An excellent use of an Easter weekend.  I had forgotten how hard the bodywork is, I am shattered from grinding, rubbing and fiddling with the shrouds.  

Once they are done I will get the wings out of my mother in laws loft and paint the inside of them and the doors before the filling begins, very exciting.  


No comments:

Post a Comment