Friday 19 April 2019

A lovely day today, Good Friday and all.

I finished fitting the ancillaries to the engine: exhaust manifold, carburettors, plugs, water hoses, choke, throttle linkages etc. and then ran it.  A post on AHExp suggested using silicon on the top of the cork rocker cover gasket whilst degreasing the surface on the head that it sits on so I did this as well.






It got hot and it didn't leak, anywhere.  Thank goodness.

I am now conscious that I can get on with the bodywork as the engine and mechanics are pretty much OK.  Lots of things need fettling but it is all in a reasonable place.  I looked up at the roof of the garage to see the shrouds and realised that they have been there almost two whole years, flippineck.






I took the Healey out of the garage, great weather in London which enabled that, and got them down from the rafters before giving them a clean.  I then dusted off the trolley and set up the front shroud for some work. 










































In an ideal world I'd like to get the insides of the shrouds primed and painted before the end of Monday so that I can mount them on the car.  I started by grinding the welds off the shroud before sanding down the inside.  I was conscious that I have forgotten how hard and dirty this type of work is.

I am also a little worried about the paint as it has been sitting around in tins for over two years, I really hope it is all still useable, fingers crossed.





No comments:

Post a Comment