Tuesday 21 July 2020

Today I finished the seats, felt lovely to have them done.  Whilst they are not the same as a professional would do it was a hard job and one that I feel proud of my efforts.















Next up is fitting them which will require drilling the floor, something that is a little scary.  I am happy to drill holes in the floor but I don't want to drill them in the wrong place.

I sorted out the various bits of wooden packers first.  It was not easy as the setup is a little baffling.

I trial fitted the seat.  It was striking how little room is available for the driver.  I believe this is to compensate for not having power steering so one's arms need to be close to the body to get the required leverage to turn the car.  It's crazy by modern standards.



I had asked for help on the positioning front as my records from the old chassis that I cut up a few months back were haphazard to say the least.  A friendly chap on the AH Experience website sent through some details which were very helpful.  I think I have the position right but lost my bottle and decided to make the holes tomorrow.



These are the details I have from the original chassis, I'm a donut.








No comments:

Post a Comment