Saturday 4 July 2020

I glued one half of the wooden seat back to the car first of all so that I could hopefully do the second half just before I retire for the day.  Then I got distracted by the new stick on number plates that arrived this week.  I lightly rubbed down any high spots in the lacquer, degreased it and went for it.  The plates looked massive when I held them but seem proportionate on the car.   I'm not sure why but I don't feel like small plates would work on this car, I may change my mind in due course but for now it is full size with white numbers.




I fitted the panels that sit behind the grille next and am pleased with the look.









































Now, I have had a recent problem with the horn.  Every time I turn the battery cut-off switch on the horns blast constantly.  I had disconnected them to avoid having to deal with the issue but now that I have fitted the panels above I had to reconnect them which means I needed to deal with the issue.

I tracked down a short circuit between the wires to the steering column and decided to bite the bullet and remove the horn push.  The reason for the hesitancy is that this means all the recently added oil can poor out of the steering box, a very odd design.  I discovered the problem (you can just see the silver wire showing through the insulating material below) and rectified it.




I went to try the wiper motor but couldn't get any joy although it is not at all clear how to wire it up.








No comments:

Post a Comment