Tuesday 21 July 2020

I'm on school holidays now which means that I have 6 weeks off work, bloody lovely.  The Coronavirus means that my usual month long house swap has been cancelled and so we are staying at home in London this year for the first time in 15 years.  The Healey will benefit.  Two of our neighbours have both decided to do large scale building works on their house this year and as the Coronavirus also meant that I have spent some time working from home the noise they have produced has annoyed me endlessly.  So I am a little noise averse and the neighbour over the back has a habit of using a petrol blower in his garden and it is now really annoying as well.  The next photo was taken of me because he decided to blow around our garage today for some reason whilst I was stapling the seat back; it was as much as I could do not to fire the gun at him.

This is my mad as hell look.




Work continued on the seat back.






I decided to stick the side flaps to the seat back in the first instance before sewing it.


I had bought this lovely leather sewing kit in preparation of doing it.




I didn't get very far before snapping the needle.  I decided to leave the thing as glued only and see if it comes apart, if not no worries and if it does then I deal with it then.


I decided to switch jobs and look at the windscreen again.  The pillars now worked with the parts that were replaced which was lovely.






However, in the usual fashion the screen surround wouldn't fit with pillars without distorting substantially.  On investigating I think that the corner brackets supplied are not quite the correct shape.  Naturally I am not surprised.  I have collected a lot of different screws and bolts over the build and discovered that something called UNF 6-40 fitted perfectly.  This was helpful as it allowed me to order a new tap on eBay and will in turn allow me to make some new brackets.




No comments:

Post a Comment