Friday 10 April 2020

I finished fitting the lights and took the grommets out of the headlamps.  When I turned on the indicators the front set were flashing together regardless of what direction I had turned the indicator.  I thought that there must be a sensible solution and I started by looking at the wiring loom diagram only to realise that the front indicator circuit had wires coming from the relay to both the indicators and the dash light that shows that the indicators are on so I started there.








































When I pulled the dash light out it was easy to see what the problem was.  I cut this lamp off and the indicators started working perfectly.  I need to get to the bottom of this but I am not stressed by it as the blue lens that it shines through is rather opaque now and so it didn't really work.


I love the look of the lights.







































It is really clear that the halogen upgrade I did has given me a bright white light whereas the side light is somewhat yellow in comparison and it looked odd.  On the AH Exp website one of the contributors has upgraded his lights to LED and I think this would make sense for me to do.  Alarmingly the US website of the LED light supplier charged $14.95 whereas the British version charged £35 which equates to £52 verses £140.  I have emailed them for clarification.

I then finished the wiring for the extra fan I installed ages ago, it worked well.

My list of jobs to do is diminishing, I can see me getting this car on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment