Monday 13 April 2020

I did replace the gearbox support stay with a new section of M12 studding that I didn't realise that I had and used the correct amount of nuts on the inside of the gearbox and the chassis.  Just need to fit the M12 nylon nuts on the outside when they arrive.

I then finished adjusting the brakes by doing the rear set.  It feels rather miraculous that I now have a decent brake pedal, yippee.

I then set about 'modifying' the shroud to get the wheel with the 180 Michelin XAS tyre to fit correctly.  It only just misses the shroud on full lock now.  I spent ages this morning looking for specs on different tyres to see if there is one with a slightly smaller total diameter only to fail to find anything.  This gave me an extra incentive to make the XAS tyres work.  I haven't got the car on the ground yet but I am hopeful that they will just about be ok.

I then heated the grease that goes into the steering box and slowly got it into the box.  I am not convinced that I have got as much as I need to in but there is certainly enough for now.  Then I set up the tension bolt and clamped it up.  Slowly but surely I am getting through the final tasks, it is starting  to feel exciting.









No comments:

Post a Comment