Saturday 4 April 2020

Horn push attached to the stator tube but not before I managed to do a very silly thing.  I realised that I needed to run a piece of string through the stator tube before withdrawing the tube from the steering column so that I could attach it to the wires hanging out of the tube and guide them through the steering box whilst it was being installed.  I'm not sure I explained that very well.  Anyway, the string would not flow through the stator tube so I started to tie things to it like small bolts to see if they would slide down the tube and take the string with it but they wouldn't.  I had a brain wave and decided to get the air line and blast a little air down the tube to see if it would do the trick.   At this point in time I had a 5mm drill bit attached to the string and when I stick the air gun onto the top of the stator tube it moved a bit but not much.  So I gave it a bigger blast of air and the drill bit whizzed down the stator tube and out of the other end before smashing against the front panel.  I knew instantly I had made a mistake and when I looked at the front panel there was a crack in the paint for all to see, damn.










































I then attached the string to the wires hanging out of the bottom of the tube and fed it through the steering column successfully.









































I made use of a pair of axel stands to create a portable soldering studio to attach the bullets to the ends of the wires.









When the wiring was all done I tested the horns and they work.

I had got the starter motor back from WOSP and they said that they hadn't managed to find a fault with it so issued me a new one.  It was made on Thursday which is my mother birthday, very cool.








































I fitted it and the engine now turns over at breakneck speed and started which was very pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment