Sunday 1 December 2019

We sold the daily driver, an Audi TT, after 8 years of good service a few weeks back and I have spent the last few weekends looking for a replacement.  Test driving nearly new cars is an interesting past time.  So it was quite nice to get back in the garage this weekend.  I repaired the bonnet and rubbed down inside and out and double checked that the boot was good to go before looking at the rear wings.  When I painted the rear wings a few months back I ran out of primer so decided to paint one properly with 3 full coats and just gave the other a single coat on the basis that I would give it another two coats when I had some more paint and before I painted the insides blue.  So I got both the wings and realised I didn't know which one had just the single coat of paint as it was impossible to tell by looking at them alone.  I decided to flat back areas that covered repairs to see if one went through easier than the other but neither went through to the metal.  Essentially, it would seem that one coat of this primer is enough.





I primed both the bonnet and the boot inside and out before spraying those and the two rear wings on the inside in Healey Blue.





Now I have to fit the lot back to the car body before checking the windscreen fits and installing the cockpit edge trim before I am ready to get the car painted.  Oh, I guess I need to adjust the brakes as well.  Anyway, it is feeling closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment