Monday 23 December 2019

I fixed the leak, well at least I hope I did, by applying some plumbers tape to the thread and re-installing it.  I used yellow tape following a recommendation from Restonation.  Looking at this picture though I am now worried that the issue isn't the thread leaking but rather it is my soldering.  I really hope not as the tanks are approx £400 and that would hurt, a lot.









































The tank back in place along with some Araldite on the joint as an extra precaution.








































So I noticed a load of holes on the U channel that the boot lid sits in and began wondering what they are about.  I scour the Ahead 4 Healey's and Moss websites and find nothing so dig through some old photos and see on one that there appears to be some rivets on them.  I call AH4H who tell me that they have recently started selling these but not yet listed them at the grand price of £0.35 each so I bought a load.  I decided to drill the holes out for them in the inner body panel and paint the holes for rust prevention.  This means that I could not fit the shroud for the last time today, oh well.




 So I procrastinate by looking at the cockpit trim for the doors.  When I was speaking to AH4H I ordered a load of the screws needed for this as well.  Now at some point recently somebody told me that the way to fit these trims is to screw them up from the centre out and it occurred to me that it would be much better to do this before I paint the car.  Whoever it was that told me how to do it also made a passing reference to me having aluminium doors and hoped that, for my sake, they fitted as this method wouldn't work with ali.  I tried them on the doors today and to my great relief they fitted on the passenger side perfectly and reasonably well on my side, phew.




I will check the paperwork with the car to see it the numbers on the trim match the body number.  I'm not fussed if they don't, just curious.  As it is I haven't fitted the body number plate on the car and actually I realise that I don't have any number yet fitted, I guess I probably should do that.  Part of the reason for my indifference is that the Heritage Center couldn't find my car listed and so I don't have a certificate for it, a shame.  Now, I am not worried about the resale value as I am not going to sell it so it is just a thing that annoys me for some reason.  I am very pleased that they fit though.



No comments:

Post a Comment