Tuesday 24 December 2019

I noticed on one of my photos of other peoples 100 restorations that they had some type of tape stuck over the joint between the rear shroud and the boot floor which persuaded me to carry out the foam strip modification which I had planned years ago.  I wanted to do this as the joint between the two panels is not great and I don't want a gap.  I stuck the foam strip on then fitted the shroud for the final time, I hope.




I had also decided ages ago that I would use screws instead of rivets to connect the two panels.  Largely because I wanted the option of being able to remove it again in case it is needed.  I am not unhappy with the finished look.








































The rivets that are supposed to go into the rail that crosses the rear end are looking too tricky to install so I will probably go with the screws there as well.  This is a trial fit.













































































Tomorrow is Christmas day and at the weekend I am lucky enough to be driving to Chamonix in France to go snowboarding for a week so it will be a while before I post again.


No comments:

Post a Comment