Sunday 8 December 2019




The garage has a lot of panels lying around in primer waiting to be fitted to the car and they are starting to get little scratches so sorting that was my priority today.  I needed drill the chassis to take the 10mm bolts that secure the tow bracket, fit the door check straps and remove the petrol tank to fit the sponge sealing gasket before I started on the panels though.



Well, the tow bracket is all that I got done.  Frustratingly the metal was so thick and hard that it took me hours, literally, to drill through it.  I have very good quality drill bits but they barely made a dent in the chassis legs.  By the time I had finished it I was good for nothing.  Oh, I did put the Christmas tree up and washed the road salt off the Triumph Thruxton in addition to lubing the chain as well but, all in all it was a fairly unproductive day.  

Having missed the Christmas holiday window for getting the car painted I am a little relaxed as I have 6 weeks after Christmas before the half term holiday when I can hopefully get the car coloured in blue.  However, I am also conscious that I have some tricky jobs to complete by then so I can't be complacent as I had a whole weekend and all that happened is two new holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment