Saturday 1 September 2018

Procrastinating over for a while and back on to the engine.  I fit the flywheel and my lovely wife gives me a helping hand whilst I tighten it.







Clutch on with a visual inspection for the plate being lined up as I don't have the proper tool and think that I can do it with a screw driver.




Well I struggled to get the damn thing together and spent some time wishing that I had the correct tool.






In the end I loosen off the clutch and then fit the gearbox.  Once together I remove it rapidly and then tighten the clutch pressure plate.  Then I refit the gearbox and it goes in first time, bingo.


























Next job, car off the trolley so that I can fit the engine.  John suggested that I fit the engine and the gearbox separately and I am thinking that he may have a point as I don't think that the combined unit will be easy to get in with my cheap and cheerful engine hoist.  This is the last photo of the car on the trolley with the wheels on ready for the off.




























I used the engine hoist at the front and a jack at the back but it wasn't tall enough so I had to use a pallet as well, it felt a little precarious to say the least.  The hoist valve to release the pressure and therefore height is crude item and I found that it dropped great chunks of distance at a time which was scary at first.







It came down to earth though and I felt really pleased to see it on its wheels, it looks like a car.  

























Tomorrow I will attempt to put the engine in.

No comments:

Post a Comment