Saturday 22 September 2018

Last Sunday I spent a leisurely day installing the throttle linkage and carbs.  It was enjoyable but slow.  First up I couldn't work out what to do with the little tab that sits on the back of the pedal so I put a post on the AH Experience site and will forget about it until someone advises me.  I hope I don't need to take it all out again though as it took ages to get it positioned correctly.









































Once in I turned my attention to the carbs.  I soon discovered that one of the carb bowls caught on one of the studs on the exhaust for the shield.  I have seen a photo of somebody else's car that had this bolted on so I removed a stud and fitted a bolt.



Trial fitting the carbs felt exciting as it looked like a big step forward.


Then I started fitting the throttle linkage, this was a little fiddly and I don't think I have the set up right yet.





The final shaft to the carbs is not working out.  I think I have the connection wrong at the carb end but ran out steam and decided to leave it until next week.














No comments:

Post a Comment