Monday 10 September 2018

I only grabbed a few hours in the garage this weekend but I did something that I was hoping would put a nagging doubt to rest, fitted the prop shaft.

I started by bolting in the rear.

























Then when I to the front I saw that it was an inch short.  This I didn't expect, in fact I had been secretly concerned that it would be too long.  Or rather I had been concerned that the engine is too far back as the gearbox mounting rubbers are not lined up with the holes in the chassis and I wondered if there was an error in the dimensions of the chassis.  Rather dramatic, I know.


























So I took the prop out and measured it so that I could check it for accuracy.  I looked into the manual to see if they had a measurement stated only to see a diagram that made me realise that the shaft was extendable.




















As soon as I saw that I picked up the shaft and gave it a tug and hey presto, it extended.  What a donut I am.



I then refitted it and guess what, it fits.  Complete worry wart.





The gearbox is still troubling me but I figure that it just needs some manipulation, next week I think.







No comments:

Post a Comment