Tuesday 8 May 2018

Over the past few weeks I have been in the garage a few times.  I started on the brakes and have fitted the brake pipes which were a lot of fun to make.  I kind of liked the puzzles created by the route required, perhaps I'm just a kid after all.






































I then went on to the petrol pump which with hindsight was a complete disaster.  I rubbed down the body and painted it, so far so good.  I then started taking it apart when one of the screws came out a few mm then snapped off.  I was a little disturbed by this but got my head round a way forward.  I drilled out the shaft of the snapped bolt and then tapped a new thread when I realised that I would now need to open up some of the electrical connectors that mount on to the bolt.  So I grabbed the drill and went for it however, the drill snagged and the cable was ripped from my hands and wound round the drill and in the process getting detached from the main part of the pump.  Oh well.  I have found a few on eBay since, so I am hoping this will be a cost efficient route forward.







































I eventually got round to deciding that I am going to make the car negative earth.  The main reason is that USB ports will need it.  I know, sad isn't it.  I just think that I may one day want a radio or even a USB port for charging the phone etc.  Anyway, I ordered a set of power cables from Brucom Ltd which are excellent.  A great service from them.







































I finished the weekend by digging out the old windscreen I have which came with the box of bits that is my car.  apparently it is quite rare to get the pillar on it.  Anyway I need some parts for the car so I have to get some cash from somewhere so here goes.














No comments:

Post a Comment