Sunday 27 May 2018

eBay action:

I have had some mixed blessings with eBay lately.  I successfully sold the 100/6 windscreen that came with my car all those years ago for £300 and then promptly spent some of the money on 2 tyres that appeared on the site locally in London.  However, the SU fuel pump I bought was the wrong type, oh well.

I now have 3 tyres and 4 really good wheels.  I have 4 not so good wheels so would like one more good one before I send them off for blasting and powder coating.

The two tyres I bought were used but apparently have 7mm of tread on them and the unused tyre I have already has 7mm of tread so I guess they can't be that used.  I think they be a little old though.  All I know is that Longstone Tyres charge £230 each for them or 5 for £1032 and I now have 3 for £180.  If, when the car is eventually on the road I decided that I should have bought new tyres well I can do it then.

It would be good to have the tyres and wheels finished as I can see a time when it would be good to get the car off the trolly.

No comments:

Post a Comment