Sunday 20 May 2018




I ordered a rad from GPI racing a few weeks back on a bit of a whim as I am miles away from needing a radiator.  However, I contacted them directly for a price and they came back to me with a price of £180 delivered which seemed to good to be true and so I ordered it.  A few weeks went by and I emailed them to check on delivery and got a 'it'll be despatched soon' response and then it arrived.  The quality looks amazing.
























Back in the garage I fitted the first bit of the electrical system, the starter solenoid.  Then I connected the lead from the battery and felt like I was entering a new phase in the project.











I have no idea why but I then fitted the clutch lever mechanism.









The main thing I did this weekend was to install the heat resistant material and the supplied heat should kit.  I got the self adhesive material because I feared that the fibrous heat panels would actually rattle about if left to their own devoices.































I changed directions to the fuel tank.  I had ordered a rubber bung from China and expected delivery to be weeks away only for it to arrive so it seemed sensible to do the pressure test.



























The test revealed many leaks and I have been working on my soldering all afternoon as a result.

I even got to the point of removing the original solder before attempting a repair.






Eventually I gave up and stripped it down to bare metal and then got out the brazing equipment and this was somewhat successful.






No comments:

Post a Comment