Friday 28 July 2017

Healey BN1 wheel colour?

Whilst surfing, the net variety just in case you are wondering, I came across this photo:



























Now I mentioned earlier that I felt the shade of BU2 Healey Ice Blue Metallic that I have on the inner body seems pretty dark.  I like it but it does seems dark.  In the sun light it is bright blue and even in the tin it is bright blue but in the garage it looks dark.  Just like this 100 in the twilight looks dark.  But it looks very cool with the wheels that colour.  I sense it already, I'm going black with the wheels.

So I have the 4 wheels I collected last week and I will look for another to make a set of 5.  I have seen what people do for truing wheels on youtube and having successfully built wheels for my road bike from scratch I know that I have the equipment and ability to sort them out if needed.  Then I will get them blasted and stove enamelled in black, lovely.

Looking at the photo again I realise that I will need to paint the drums black.  It feels like I do everything twice on the car.

That does look good though, time for a day dream or two,....



No comments:

Post a Comment