Tuesday 25 July 2017

Healey BN1 plans for the next stage of the rebuild

So now I'm on holiday for 4 weeks and unable to do anything on the car; essentially this is great research time.  My plan is to fit the mechanicals, get it running then refit the outer bodywork and paint.  This is the state of the nation in a list:

Axel - ready to instal
Engine - rebuilt by previous own, needs painting
Gearbox - unknown although a visual inspection through the side case looked ok
Overdrive - unknown
Front suspension - needs work, have new king pins and some brake parts but not all
Gauges - ok - petrol has been restored, need a new capillary tube for the temp/pressure gauge.
Wiring - need new loom, have some ancillaries but not sure what
Seats - incomplete and needing work
Steering - complete but needing work
Engine ancillaries - dynamo, starter, oil pump etc. all need work
Petrol tank - needs tlc

That lot will take some time for sure.  Feels quite exciting though.  I am going to start by watching as many youtube videos on Healey restorations as I can find, should be a good summer.

When I packed the garage up before coming on holiday I pushed the mig welder in and wondered when I would next use it, after all these years it has found rest, the car is blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment