Tuesday 18 July 2017

Last minute Billy

It is the end of school for the year on Friday and I can't wait.  I have left the car painting until the last possible minute.  On Sunday my wife and I are swapping our house with a couple from Thailand and will fly from Heathrow for a summer of rest and relaxation.  I have promised myself that I will have the inner in blue by then.  Now, Wednesday morning it is in primer with all the joints sealed and completely rubbed down ready, and waiting for some colour.  I am out tonight and Friday night with work which leaves Thursday evening and Saturday to get it done.  I haven't collected the paint yet either.  There is much to go wrong and lots to ponder.

On a brighter note I did see a set of 15" 48 spoke wheels on eBay.  The chap had owned them for 30 years and decided he needed the garage space.  They were off a TR2 but after some digging I established that the TR, MGA and 100 cars all shared the same components so I asked my lovely wife if they could be a birthday present.  The owner kindly brought them into his work which was conveniently located in central London and I collected them last night.  A blast and a stove enamel will leave them looking top notch for a hell of  a lot less than a new set.  Very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment