Sunday 26 February 2017

Spent the weekend welding, and welding and then I welded some more until,... I ran out of gas.  It is fun and enjoyable but it is going to take time.  I have done the boot, driver side cockpit area and footwell and that is it.  I was quite happy to look for different things to do once the gas had gone and I decided that I should get the dashboard out and strip it of the gauges so that I can position the mounting sections prior to welding.










Whilst welding up the footwell I had a little try for size moment.  Now my feet are not massive so I was quite surprised just how little room there will be for two feet and three pedals.





On to the dash board and I removed the oil/temp gauge which, as you can see, is a little tired.





























The rest of the dashboard is also very tired.








I have long accepted that I will need a new dash because the existing one has a load of holes that were never on the car when new.  At the moment I just need it for sizing purposes.  Removing the gauges was hampered by rusty threads.



Having removed the temp/oil gauge I couldn't help myself and I dod a temperature test.  It barely moved so I imagine that I'll need a rebuild of some description.



















No comments:

Post a Comment