Sunday 12 February 2017

I spent some hours yesterday removing the wings that are not needed for positioning for the welding and storing them in the shed.  Today I had a proper look at the steel bonnet.


























You can see two of the holes in the bonnet.  I was a tad worried about the panel warping during welding but it didn't seem to which was a relief.  I removed the remnants of the bracket that had broken away ready for a new hinge.





















I then got the new bracket welded on for trial fitting



I couldn't get the bonnet to fit so lost patience with the original bracket and replaced it.  Naturally the gaps are not to my liking but it is in and doesn't look too bad.




























Looking forward to getting the shrouds welded tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment