Sunday 5 February 2017

Well I realise that I am pretty indecisive on some things.  I have booked the welding professional to come and do the welding.  He is coming in 8 days time and I am somewhat relieved.  I am also going to take the wings to be dipped that week as well.

In preparation for these events I got down to checking the shrouds for cracks and holes so that I could  mark them and ensure that I don't miss any on the day.  Whilst doing that I saw the boot lid hanging from the rafters and got it down to see if it needed any work.  The frame was located in the boot lid but not welded in so it just fell out when provoked.  So, yes it also needs welding.  I then looked at the front bonnet and realised that it is really awful so I took a trip to the store cupboard that is my In-Laws and brought my spare steel one back.  Fortunately it is in much better condition although it does have some holes in the main skin near the front corners which may have been used for straps, anyway, they are going.  I also need to do some work on the brackets that bolt to the hinges, one side is completely missing.  I have a vague memory of buying some of those from John so I will have to have a look.

I spent a few hours working on the boot lid and made some progress but still need a little more.
















No comments:

Post a Comment