Sunday 7 June 2020

I'm a peanut, no a donut, no a silly sausage.  Maybe I am all three.  I forgot to paint the battery cover. That is really frustrating as  cleaning the guns took hours and I'll have to do it all again, damn pilchard.

I am making the most of the shorter days at work by getting in the garage in the evenings to do a little.  I stuck the wooden strips of ply to the seat back this week but forgot to take a photo.  I have ordered some rivets for this but having looked at the Boras Motor Corporation I realised that they glued it first so I did the same.










































Yesterday I turned my attention to the seat bases and started to panic.  I looked at the Boras site again as they have a lot of detailed pictures and found the way to go.











































I made templates out of card and drew the outlines on the rear of the leather/vinyl material.  As ever, the first cut is the most terrifying but I got there.









































Borrowing the ideas from Boras I then set about sticking the strips on.











































I just did the strip on the outside of the seat base first then glued the inside section in.



No comments:

Post a Comment