Sunday 8 March 2020

The new propane torch is a beauty, starts on the button and produces a lovely sharp flame.  The items attached to the top of the pillar came off reasonably quickly.  I did however break off 3 of the 4 screws that held what I think is hardtop mounting brackets rather than unscrew them, oh well.








































The very worst of the pegs was the one I attacked first.  It became apparent very early on that it wasn't going to come out easily.








































I decided that it needed more brute force and got the Oxy-Acetelyne welding torch out.



























































The remaining three pegs came out really easily.

Whilst looking for one of the new pegs to check if the threads were ok, they were, I came across these in a bag.








































I didn't know that I had these and think I must have bought them from John in my very first purchase having been flush with the cash from the kit car sale maybe 6, 7 or even 8 years ago.  I was pleased to see these though as I have been getting a little concerned about this job.  These are the captive nuts and the tube nuts for the seat slides.  I have been increasingly concerned that the advertised products on all the parts suppliers websites are sold without the captive nuts.  This means that I can order the seat foams etc in peace now.

I then started the chrome wing trims.  I nervously cut one to allow for the screen mount and then bolted it in.  It looks good but doesn't fit well, I haven't managed to pull it deep enough into the groove yet but it is a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment