Sunday 22 March 2020

I fitted the new starter motor, repaired the vacuum advance pipe and distributor clamp.  My soldering of non electrical comments is questionable and I think I need some flux for my solder as I struggled to get it to flow evenly.














































































Looking at the state of the engine I think I should give it a good wash to remove the filler dust that is everywhere.

I then mixed the 2 pack putty I have bought for the steering wheel and applied it.  It is supposed to be hard in 3 hours but it felt soft after a couple of hours so I hope it has set overnight.   As the putty is black I am going to paint straight on top of the wheel/putty with top coat.  I can imagine the topcoat wearing through in time and the primer showing and that would annoy me so I am going to my best to flat out any marks and then spray.








No comments:

Post a Comment