Sunday 9 December 2018

Started the weekend with the distributor.  I have had to modify the base plate as the one I bought was incorrect, not unsurprisingly.





All back together and looking good.


























When I try to fix the drive shaft to the distributor I realise there isn't enough clearance and so I will have to drill it in a different location and fit a new retaining spring.





I drift back to the wiring and create little mini looms for the dashboard interment lights, lovely work.







All ready to connect up.



In a bid to future proof the car I have added two little fuse boxes to provide safe power to the things I'll need to enjoy the car.  One box is switched and one live permanently.  Now what I need is:

Halogen lights  (2 relays)
Capacity to have an electric fan  (1 relay)
Double USB charging port for iPhones
Cigarette lighter
Capacity to have a radio

All in all I decided a long time ago to incorporate this lot into the wiring from the start so that I don't have a lot of odd wires running around.  I have run the required wires to the front of the car and hidden them with cloth loom tape.  I don't think it will stand out to the casual observer once the car is finished.


























The dash all wired up and complete, very pleased.


























I then fit the choke cable.





 Only to discover that it is too short.  Then I realise that I have fitted it in the wrong place, flaming idiot.  Time to sit on the sofa.












No comments:

Post a Comment