Sunday 23 December 2018

Been busy being festive so haven't had that much time on the car recently.

I have drilled the holes for the battery cut-off switch and am waiting for the paint to dry before fitting it.  I used a multi meter to establish how the switch worked and realised I didn't understand how the wiring worked in this area so I posted a help question on the Austin Healey Experience website where some patient sole explained the blindingly obvious to me.


























My wife saw the finished dash for the first time today and thought it looked great, that was a good moment.


























Having fitted the overdrive relays on the left so that I could fit the new relays on the right I made a cage for them to protect them, I had visions of using the parcel shelf and accidentally placing something metal on it and then shorting across the terminals.  No worries now.


























The USB socket is in and looking reasonably subtle, I hope.  Pleased it has its own cover which helps with the camouflage.


























Choke cable and wiring fitted.  Very fiddly to do and very stiff to use.  The damn bolt/clamp that I made (which took a lot of time) broke so I am back to the drawing board on that one, oh well.


























Having realised that the dip switch wiring was unclear as to which way it should be connected I posted the question on AH Exp. site to be advised that the switch should be mounted from the outside of the footwell.  It took a bot more grinding but I am pleased with the result, looks much cleaner now.


























I am going to have another go at the choke cable fixing clamp today and then fiddle some more whilst waiting patiently for Santa with my fingers crossed that he delivers the pump, exhaust and battery.  I would be getting it running between Christmas and the New Year but we are going snowboarding on Saturday so it'll have to wait.  I can tell that I am seriously into the car at the moment as I love going to Chamonix snowboarding but it feels like an inconvenience, the life of the spoilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment