Saturday 20 October 2018

Last Saturday I went to the Rawles Motorsport open day, it was grand.  I had to work in the morning (OK, you should know that teachers do get directed to work on Saturdays, 2 in the last three weeks, #justsaying) so I was a little late to the event and coupled with slightly grey skies I think I missed the bulk of the cars at the event.

I got chatting to the lucky chap who owned this car.  He was interesting to speak to about living with a Healey 100.











On Sunday I got to look at the dashboard again and renovate the gauges with a kit I had bought so many years ago I can't actually remember buying it.






OK, so is this bad?





I put the question on Instagram and one person commented that if you can't prove the milage then you may as well and I certain can't prove anything with regards to this car.




Some pictures of the original dash and the new one.













I started to fit the switches I have and I am conscious that I need to finish doing this before I polish the dash for the final time.

I got a quote for a professional to get a mirror finish at £110 which didn't seem too bad however, I can buy a kit for my bench grinder that cost £35 and only requires elbow power and patience  I know what I need to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment