Saturday 27 October 2018


Half term holiday week so I have spent a lot of time in the garage this week which has been great.  I started by removing the heater unit and painting it as it looked too scrappy in original form.








I then turned my attention to the relays for the over drive and the indicators which both needed a lot of cleaning up.  I managed to get some 4BA screws to replace the screws butchered in the removal process and painted it all,

























I paid a visit to John this week and obtained a load more bits and pieces which helped very much.  I picked up some cables for the air and choke which were in component form and required building up.  I started trying to MIG weld the new cable to the original but couldn't do it so I ended up brazing it successfully after a lot of attempts.










This photo showing a jack under the car is special only because it is the first time I have ever jacked up the car.





I fitted a replacement engine mount for the one that wrecked when installing the engine and then turned my attention to the gearbox mounts which were massively out of alignment.  I used the bar that is supposed to stop the engine falling forward under braking to push the engine forward and eventually got the bolts in, happy days.




























I looked into getting the dash professionally polished as I am unhappy with the current state of it but the cost was £110 which felt too steep so I bought a kit for the bench grinder and some more wet and dry paper to have another go at a cost of less than £35.  I also drilled the holes for the final switches that I obtained from John so it is ready for a third attempt tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment