Saturday 25 August 2018

I took the Triumph to see John this morning and it was a lovely ride to Hitchen from London via lots of country roads.  It was, as it always is, a please to be with John.  I collected the oil pump drive shaft and some bolts to connect the gearbox and engine together then headed back.

In the garage I built up the oil pump but didn't fit it as it was raining (August in London) so I couldn't take the car out of the garage to get at the engine.  I turned my attention to the fuel pump.  I couldn't get it going at all at first so forced the points with a screw driver to get it working.  Having established that it did work I then spent a lot of time working on the various settings to try and make it better.  I discovered that if I loosened the bolts that hold the base of the pump to the diaphragm then it worked really well.  I'm leaving it at this stage for now and will investigate it a bit more later on.




No comments:

Post a Comment