Saturday 31 March 2018

So having realised that I had left this baby out of my suspension build I set about sorting that out.









It was easier to remove having done it a few times, frustrating none the less.




I then got on with putting the master cylinder together, this went very well and it was soon complete and painted.
































Next was the idler.  I put it together and it had a rough spot when I rotated it so I striped it, cleaned out the grease and then hunted for the culprit which turned out to be a foreign object that had embedded itself into the main shaft where it sits on the casing.  So I spent a while cleaning it all up before making a new gasket and putting it back together again.  Success this time.






















































Onto the steering box.  I cleaned out the shaft and refitted the felt bush at the top of the column.  I then set about cleaning up the shims and all the other components.




























One of the threads need a clean out, BSF.






























I then laid out all the parts and decided I would grease the bearing cup at the top of the worm drive and fit it complete.




























Like a blithering idiot I dropped it on route to the housing.  I spent an hour or more on my hands and knees looking for the ball bearings and only managed to find 11 or the 14.  Damn.  I grew frustrated and gave up and headed for a hot bath.  Tomorrow's task.


















No comments:

Post a Comment