Thursday 1 March 2018

It feels like I've been away from the garage for a long time but I just haven't been about so there you have it.

I spent the weekend in the garage and got a few things much further on.

Whilst prepping for fitting the axel I had an uneasy feeling about the position of the rubber that stops it hitting the chassis.  This was mounted in two pre-existing threaded holes but seemed out of place.  Once I had installed the leaf spring I became more convinced of an issue.











































Curiosity got the better of me and I opened up the original chassis up from its resting place and made some measurements which confirmed that the rubbers were indeed in the wrong place.










































With all that done I set about sorting out the garage.  The good thing about a hard winter is that on some days the sky is blue and there is no chance of rain.  Today was such a day and I cleared out the garage in preparation of the axel going in.


















































JP, an old Healey owner offered to lend a hand and help me get the axel in, thanks JP.









































I now have the car turned round and ready for me to fit up the front suspension.  Great stuff.





No comments:

Post a Comment