Saturday 7 October 2017

Shocks sorted

Had a few distractions from garage time which were beyond just work so I delighted to open the door and step inside this morning.

I had ordered the shock oil and links from Ahead 4 Healey's and got on with making the gaskets and putting them back together.  I started with the one original gasket that I managed to get off the shock without damage and some gasket paper.




A little bit of tracing.



And lots of cutting and faffing produced the finished article.







Then I cleaned off the shocks and filled them with oil being careful to expel all the trapped air which I hope I did.  It took quite a lot of leavening the arm up and down but I got there in the end.






Then having fitted the top back on and carefully tightening the screws I was able to paint with my new POR15 in matt black.  Very pleased with the finished shocks.





No comments:

Post a Comment