Saturday 29 April 2017

I have been merely welding now for a while.  I am a little worried about the clean up operation so started to clean up after myself when I got to the front but I have a lot of grinding to do for sure.  I was coming to end of the welding on the top of the car and had started to wonder how I could get to the underside when a friend popped round for a coffee.  JP and I managed to get the car off the trolley and onto its side with a few straps hanging off the roof beams to keep it there; a complete result.











































I was rather impressed with how clean it looked underneath and have started welding that now.  Ideally I'd like to turn it the other way up for the welding that is need on the side nearest the ground but think I'll just have to lie down and scrabble about on the floor.

I fitted the windscreen pillar and suspect that it is at a different angle to the first side that I fitted a few weeks back and realise that this would be a horrific thing to try and sort once the body is painted so I need to get the screen out of storage and trial fit it.   I can't remember what it is that I have exactly but I know the glass is smashed but think, from memory, that the frame is ok which is all I need at this time.

I have also been thinking about painting the inner body and hope to get it done during the next school holiday which is 4 weeks away.  Before I can do that I need to sort the screen out and clean off all the paint as I am going to use epoxy primer which is best applied to bare metal.  Surely I should be able to do that in addition to finishing the welding in that time frame?  It feels good to have a deadline to work to.  I also need to buy the paint which means settling on a paint code.  Much research needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment