Sunday 2 April 2017





Some more time in the garage today and whilst I did  fair bit of welding I did allow myself to get side tracked.  I started to clean up the windscreen supports and decided that I should try to remove the rusted braces, a job I wasn't looking forward to because the bolt that held them together is somewhat counter sunk and I had visions of it all being stuck firmly in place.  However, they both came out so easily I was shocked.  The chrome is starting to come off the supports to reveal brass underneath it which might explain why they released so easily.



I realise that these need re-chroming, not sure where I could get that done but there must be somewhere reasonably locally that does chroming.















When I fitted the bracket it did pull the side together nicely but it was off line so I drilled and mounted a piece of angle iron to allow me to modify it with success.







No comments:

Post a Comment